what is TOMCAT_HOME set to? I assume you are using Tomcat 3.x.x version.
RS

lauradiara on 03/05/2002 08:42:07 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Subject:  Please help me

Hi all,

I'm an italian student: for my thesis I have to install Tomcat on a sun
machine with solaris 8 because I have to do some experiments.
I have tried to install Tomcat 3.3a but when I type ./startup.sh for
starting tomcat I get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/ap
ache/tomcat/startup/Main

I have followed all the instructions: TOMCAT_HOME is set, JAVA_HOME is
set and I exported them.

I can't understand the error: where is my error?

Please help me.

Thanks for your help

Laura