No, Emir!
Sorry, I don't agree with you.
1. My post is not off topic
2. I spent few weeks working on the problem before my first post was done.
3. We discovered that the problem isn't that simple.
4. The famous book "Professional JSP" doesn't recommend to use any custom
   pooling classes, as Jim advises.
5. We still didn't hear Tomcat/JDBC guru

Sincerely,

Emir Alikadic wrote:

> On 03/05/2002 02:59 PM, Lev Assinovsky wrote:
>
> > Why? Jim, are you the owner of this mailing list?
>
> Actually, Lev, Jim is right: it's an established etiquette of public
> mailing lists to first search for an answer in the existing
> documentation before posting a question on the list.  One of the venues
> of information is the list archive - never aske a question that was
> sufficiently discussed previously.
>
> Eric Raymond wrote a very nice document on asking questions on mailing
> lists and USENET, and it's available at
> http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html (pay particular
> attention to "Before you ask" section").  This document is actually
> linked from the mailing list subscription page on
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html, which you were supposed to
> have read before you joined this list.  You did read the instructions
> through, right?
>
> Remember: this is a public mailing list for an Open Source Software - we
> are all stakeholders, not just the list operators.

> >> We just finished this discussion. Please check the archive.

Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer                    St. Petersburg, Russia
Tel/Fax: +7 812 3275343       197022 ul.Chapigina 7Á
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]