Hi,

I had something similar (Win2K, Cygwin :). I had to do some minor
modifications in the startup srcipt to amend the situation:

1) as it seems JAVA_HOME is read by the executing JVM to resolve the place
of the bootstrap classes
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.4.0

2) calling explicitly the appropriate java.exe
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java blahblah...

hope this helps

Janos