I am in the process of porting our servlet based application running
under Linux to omvs under Os390. After extensive searches on the web,
I have not been able to find any kind of documentation/pages that
suggest that this configuaration is possible. I believe that it can be
done since I can run my Java programs quite nicely under omvs when
they are converted to ebcdic. also, the configuration and xml files
are text files, so they should not be much of a problem.

IBM provides Websphere that does the ascii-ebcdic conversions on the
fly and back under os390. My question is that has anyone been able to
deploy Tomcat on os390. If they have, how did they resolve the
problems of ascii-ebcdic conversions. I would appreciate any kind of
information on the subject.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Brown.