Thanks to all who responded !

Once I knew what to look for I finally solved my problem:
indeed it turned out to be an exception raised on the server close
to the very end of producing the HTML which didn't appear on the
Tomcat screen but only in one of the logfiles in the log dir.

After fixing that exception everything works fine.

This definitely made my day !

Thank you again, best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
 Michael Gerdau       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]