> Environment: Tomcat 4.02 , JDK 1.4  on Windows 2000
>
> In server.xml, I have mounted an application context from a windows UNC
> share like this
>
>         <Context path="/myapp"
>              docBase=" \\server1\share2\mydir\mydir"
>              reloadable="true"
>              debug="0"/>
>
> The context appears to be loaded ok, indeed static pages are served fine.

Hi Karl,

I do not think Java does know how to handle UNC pathes as this is not done
transparently in the Windows OS, UNC pathes are handled in a different way
"normal" pathes are handled.
(Not sure about this, I just don't think it could work)

Try altering a context based on your local machine to \\127.0.0.1\path to
see whether it works at all. In case it does really work - which, as I said,
I do not think - maybe it helps to use a IP adress instead of a machine
name, maybe host resolving is not yet started/ready at the moment tomcat is
started.

Bye,
Alexander