Did you add a Census context to your server.xml file?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Cobban [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 9:51 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Urgent Re: Newbie: Servlet under Windows does not run

I am really desperate.  I need to be able to demonstrate this servlet by
Tuesday evening and Tomcat still refuses to run it.

Essentially all that I have done is copy the examples from a book and change
the names to protect the innocent.  The first few lines of the .java file
are:

package Census;

import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.sql.*;

public class CensusQuery extends HttpServlet {

I then compile this class and create the .war file with the following .bat
file:

set PATH=C:\jdk1.3.1\bin;%PATH%
set
CP=D:\jakarta-tomcat-3.3a\lib\common\servlet.jar;WEB-INF\classes;%CLASSPATH%
javac -d WEB-INF/classes -classpath %CP% CensusQuery.java | more
jar cf Census.war *.html WEB-INF

When the .war file is deployed by Tomcat the class file is located at:

D:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3\webapps\Census\WEB-INF\classes\Census\CensusQuery.cl
ass

All of this looks completely according to the documentation I have read.
What am I doing wrong so that Tomcat cannot find the class?