From: Bing Zhang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 19 March 2002 4:31 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Free J2EE IDE: Which one?

I am trying to use a free IDE to do J2EE development, mainly servlet and
EJB. The development will be on Windows NT/2000. Deployment is on linux.
Three tools come to my mind: Forte Java Community Edition (I am supprised
that almost nobody mention this tool), Eclipse from IBM and NetBean.

I feel short time evaluation does not give me enough insight, though I have
downloaded both Forte and Eclopse. Hope anyone ever used the above tools in
real life give me some guidance. Any of the above tools let me debug servlet
or even EJB locally? How about remotely? Any other server I need to set up
beside the IDE to effectively do J2EE?

Thanks,

Bing Zhang