Hi all

Does any one have an idea how to make mod_webapp work properly with a apache
mod_ssl vitual server?

Here is the scenario:

I have a web application that can run in either native tomcat or with apache
as a fron end. I use mod webapp to provide a mapping of the application to
the apache server (ala old style JServ) and then it talks to tomcat on port
8008. I was under the impression that this is how it works:

apache gets a request for a "mapped" web application so that it looks like
this: https://somehost/app?<appdata> on the client end, picks up the
app-data and then shoves it down port 8008 on localhost (thats where the
warp connector is told to go) and then returns the data to the client via
SSL. SO it would look like this:

client <--- HTTPS  ---> Apache <-- warp connection to locahost:8008 -->
tomcat

Is this possible or am I better of running native tomcat on port 443 and not
bother with apache at all?

regards
Tomasz Ciolek

--
Tomasz M. Ciolek
Systems Administrator - CSIRO Entomology