I use Apache 1.3.19 & Tomcat 4.0.1 via mod_jk on Linux platform.

I try to do this in a servlet :

String authHeader = request.getHeader("Authorization");
if (authHeader != null) {
 AuthInternaute ai = new AuthInternaute(authHeader);
 String username = ai.getUsername();
 String password = ai.getPassword();
 allow = (validUsername.equals(username) && validPassword.equals(password));
}
else
{
 response.setHeader("WWW-Authenticate", "BASIC realm=\""+realm+"\"");
 response.sendError(response.SC_UNAUTHORIZED, "Identification required / Autorisation
nécessaire.");
}

but Apache doesn't respond correctly and send an "Internal Server Error" instead of
authentication dialog box.

It works fine with tomcat standalone. Perhaps a mod_jk problem, I don't know how to
solve this problem.

Can someone have ideas ?

M.H.