You can find the bin at

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0/bin/

I believe that the connector is the same for all 4.X versions. Also, make
sure you use the right .so. If you are using -EAPI, then use the
mod_webapp.so that is found in the eapi dir.

This is my installation using DSO:

1. Copy mod_webapp.so to the $APACHE_HOME/libexec/ dir.

2. Add the following to $APACHE_HOME/conf/httpd.conf

        Put this at the end of the load module section,

LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so

        Put this at the end of the add module section,

AddModule mod_webapp.c

Finally, put this either at the end of the file(to apply to entire server)
or within specific virtual host entries (for that host only),

<If Module mod_webapp.c>
 WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8008
 WebAppDeploy     smartjobs    conn  /smartjobs
 WebAppInfo /webapp-info
</IfModule>

        Note - In this case, /smartjobs is a tomcat webapp. Just add more contexts
here as you create them in tomcat.

3.

        Finally, it is import to stop and start each server. The order of doing
this is important.

First stop both tomcat and apache.

        Start tomcat

        Start apache  - Some people say that they have to wait up to 10 second
before they start apache so that things work correctly.

I hope that this will help you!

--Jay Gardner

        Start apache