From: Alexander Höglind [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 9:19 AM
To: Tomcat User
Subject: jk_nt_service fails (error 1067)

Hi,
I'm using Tomcat 4.03 on win2000 server(sp2) and IIS 5.0
Tomcat seems to work fine (mysite.com:8080) but I can't get jk_nt_service to
work.
I have disabled tomcat.exe in my services and restarted the server, but the
service doesn't start. My operating system is in swedish but this is an
error I found in this group that looks like it:
***
A system error has occurred.
System error 1067 has occurred.
The process terminated unexpectedly.
***
I couldn't find an answer to the old message so I ask again. Why can't I
have this service started. Just to see that it wasn't my server that was
messed up, I installed tomcat on win2000 prof (sp2) with default IIS and it
generates the same error.

If I try to start the service in the Command Prompt (jk_nt_service -s
Tomcat) and it generates this error:
*****
Asked (and given) winsoc
Starting Tomcat.
Tomcat failed to start.
*****

The service is started by following command: jk_nt_service.exe Tomcat in
win2000 services.
If I try that in the Command Promt I get the following error:
****
Asked (and given) winsock 1.1
Error: StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed.
***

Can it have to do with spaces in my tomcat installation dir. d:\Java\Apache
Tomcat 4.0 ?

Thanx for any help,
Alexander Höglind