On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, bryan collins wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:43:42 +1000 (EST)
> From: bryan collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Persistent Context names with auto-deploy
>
> I am using manager for the intial deployment of an app.
> I don't want to have to re-deploy the apps each time TC starts up.
>
> Is there a way for TC to remember what path you deployed an app on via
> the manager app?
> Keep in mind that unpackwars=true must be set for filesystem access.

This will ultimately be a feature of the HEAD branch (what will ultimately
become Tomcat 4.1).  Any apps deployed via Manager, or changes made using
the admin app, will cause server.xml to be updated so that the same state
will be reproduced when Tomcat is restarted.

Right now, though, you have to redeploy the next time you start Tomcat.
Fortunately, you need to do that less and less nowdays ...

> Thanks
> Bry

Craig