Atif Munir wrote:

>Hi,
>   Apache is running my linux box and me have installed tomcat rpm on
>this machine ....what should me do to keep my jsp pages up and
>browseable.
>thanks in advance
>atif
>

>--
>For additional commands: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Troubles with the list: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Me again you should read the documetation. Nevertheless if you haven't
assigned your port 8080 to another application. Once you have installed
tomcat >

$ cd to bin
chuck @maddr bin $ ./startup.sh

This should start tomcat service if not check the following:

Ensure that you have your java running by just typeing java on the
command line.
CHECK WHAT VERSION of Java you got and add to your .bash_profile

If it is not running you/ll need to modify your .bash_profile with your
favourite editor in my case emacs should be in your home dir .
$ emacs .bash_profile

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/IBMJava-2.13
export JDK_HOME=$JAVA_HOME

export CATALINA_HOME=/home/chucka/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin

If you are using version 3 0f tomcat use TOMCAT_HOME instead of
CATALINA_HOME

Hope this is what your after .

Chuckie Amadi
Systems Programmer