Yes, can I have it too.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Child [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 8:21 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Foreing Character encoding from jsp form (Character
Encoding doesn't work)

What browser are you using to submit the form?

Before you start getting parameters, you need to do a
request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");

I couldn't understand from below if you're already doing that. Assuming that
you ultimately want the characters to end up in a utf-8 encoding.

If the browser url-encodes the parameters, (for example if this is an HTTP
GET request), you'll need to get a decoder to decode that and convert it
into regular UTF-8. I have a decoder in java, if you want it.

Thanks,

Evan