From: Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 12 April 2002 2:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Multiple tomcats (4.0.3), Apache 1.3.20, RH 7.2 - Help pls,
we're desperate!!!

Subject: Multiple tomcats (4.0.3), Apache 1.3.20, RH 7.2 - Help pls, we're
desperate!!!
From: "Thinh Doan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
BlankWe're having a tough time configuring multiple tomcats running on the
same server using mod_webapp. Each individual tc starts up fine, each with
its own warp connector port and CATALINA_BASE.

Under this config. of httpd.conf:
LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
NameVirtualHost 207.208.169.9
<VirtualHost 207.208.169.9>
ServerName www.app1.com
DocumentRoot /home/projects/GS/app1root
WebAppConnection conn1 warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy app1 conn1 /app1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 207.208.169.9>
ServerName www.app2.com
DocumentRoot /home/projects/GS/app2root
WebAppConnection conn2 warp localhost:8009
WebAppDeploy app2 conn2 /app1
</VirtualHost>
Apache error_log indicated that it can not bind app1. When looking into
apache_log under app2root/logs, it indicated that it was looking for app1
under app2root/webbaps.  Why?????

from apache_log:
2002-04-11 16:38:18
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Cannot find
"/home/projects/GS/app2root/webapps/app1" for appl. "app1" host
"www.app1.com"
2002-04-11 16:38:18
[org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler] Error
deploying web application "app1" under http://www.app1.com:80/app1/
... (repeating the above 2 lines zillion times)

If it looks for app1 under ../app1root/webapps, it should find it there.
What did we do wrong? Pls help. We've spent 2 weeks so far trying to do
this.  We're desperate, needless to say.

Thanks much,
Thinh

PS: tc server.xml of app2, similar setup for app1:
<!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
<Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
<Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
enableLookups="true" appBase="webapps"
acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
<!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to -->
<Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
name="Apache" defaultHost="www.app2.com" debug="0">
<!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>

<!-- define virtual host -->
<Host name="www.app2.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" />
<!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally -->
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>