Daniel Aborg wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade to JBoss 2.4 with Tomcat 4. Unfortunately, I've
> encountered a rather fatal problem: When Tomcat is asked to remove our
> web application, i.e. for redeploying it or when shutting down, it hangs
> with the following message:
>
> StandardWrapper[/<context>:<servlet>]: Waiting for 1 instance(s) to be
> deallocated

Here is a simple example which reproduces this behaviour:

--------------->8---------------
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;

public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet
{
        public void destroy()
        {
                System.out.println("destroy()");

                synchronized (this)
                {
                        notifyAll();
                }
        }

        public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
        {
                System.out.println("doGet()");

                synchronized (this)
                {
                        try
                        {
                                wait();
                        }
                        catch (InterruptedException iex) {}
                }
        }
}

In my eyes, this should work without any problems. (It does work just
fine in Tomcat 3.2.2.)

Thanks!

/D

--