Hello,

        I have recently downloaded 4.03 and am having a problem with the
./examples/jsp/security/protected webapp.  When I login (using either a
MemoryRealm or a JNDIRealm with LDAP), I get the following url
http://localhost:2002/examples/jsp/security/protected/j_security_check and
the following error page

Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 400 -
Invalid direct reference to form login page

type Status report

message Invalid direct reference to form login page

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form
login page).

        I have run this application many times before on Tomcat 3.x without
any problems, and am wondering why this is happening under 4.0x.

        Thanks in advance to all who respond.

        Kevin D'Elia