Von: Georg Huettenegger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. April 2002 17:31
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: mod_webapp, tomcat 4.0.3, apache 2.0.35 question

hi,

i have installed the named versions von solaris 2.6 and it does run
successfully. but there are major problems i am having:

o) the application i am trying to execute calls all servlets with
/servlet/login for example. therefore i have set up the following line in
my httpd.conf:
         WebAppDeploy servlet warpConnection /servlet
i have a corresponding servlet directory in the webapps directory of
tomcat and in principal the setup works. BUT i have to use
http://localhost/servlet/servlet/login to get my servlet executed.

can somebody tell me what i need to change so that
http://localhost/servlet/login itself will work (but still having the
possibility that apache is serving http://localhost/images/x.gif by
itself)?

o) more a tomcat setup question: i have a lot of java servlets as .class
files. how do i instruct tomcat to execute these servlets without
explicitly naming them in a web.xml file?

i am not sure whether the following did achieve it in tomcat 3 and whether
it still does work in tomcat 4 (would be part of server.xml):
        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.InvokerInterceptor"
            debug="0" prefix="/servlet/" />

o) mod_jk allows to have *.jsp files being served by tomcat and *.html
files being served by apache in one and the same directory. i have read
that with mod_webapp i would need a filtering functionality of tomcat to
achieve the same behavour. is that correct and what would i need to do?

hope you can help me with my pressing problems.

bye,
 georg