Hi,

I have configured tomcat to work with iPlanet. Also I am running tomcat as
NT service. Currently iPlanet is using .nsconfig and tomcat is using
tomcat-users.xml for basic authentication.

What I need is a common authentication, ie. tomcat makes use of the iPlanet
authentication. So when users access tomcat through iPlanet they do not
have to log in twice , but if they access tomcat directly they should be
prompted to log in.

Has anybody done this? Can they share their knowledge?

Thanks,
Manjiri