Hi

I had a tomcat instance setup and running with my 1 webapp installed.  After a bit of
mucking, everything was working fine so I decided to try to use mod_webapp.so to allow
Apache to serve up the significant amount of static stuff.  I've run into a
couple of problems.

1. I have a large cached object file which I've configured a servlet to load into a
static class upon the startup of tomcat.  I can watch the logs and see that when I
start tomcat it does load in this data, but when I use mod_webapp the first time that I
access the site, this servlet is triggered again and the data is re-loaded.  everytime
after this it is fine.  Is this the expected functionality?

2. I have also configured a DataSource through JNDI.   This works fine in StandAlone
mode, but the datasource is not found when run through mod_webapp. Any ideas?  I've
checked it out and the syntax is identical between my standalone and mod_webapp
server.xml files....

thanks.

pete.

Pete Clearwater
Systems Analyst           Enrolment Services
Student Systems           Brock Hall
tel: 604.822.8662         2016-1874 East Mall
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Vancouver BC, Canada, V6T 1Z1