hi,
I am developing an application service provider site. different people can register
there, and they will get their own homepage and data (sensitive data like credit card
info etc). currently i have created different folders for each user and gave it names
(DNS) like user1.mysite.com, user2.mysite.com etc. from that folders index page users
will reach www.mysite.com:8080/login.jsp. (/var/tomcat4/web-apps/ROOT/login.jsp)
now i want to customize the code for each user, so i am planning to use multiple
instances of tomcat. what are the disadvantages of using multiple instances of tomcat?
later if i want to move one user to another server will there be any problem (because
i don't want to change the url for that user, ie that should be user1.mysite.com
always.)
and I need SSL also, how multiple instance of tomcat will effect SSl enabling of my
site?
thanx in advance
Robert AndreaGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com