This sounds very similar to my problem except that my JSP was in the root
of the context so I got a slightly different error message. (See my posting
from earlier today)

Try adding this to the top of your JSP:

<%@page import ="MoniBean"%>

It worked for me!

Cheers.

Steve George

                      "Todd Kaplinger"

                      <todd_kaplinger@h        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED],
                      otmail.com>               [EMAIL PROTECTED],

                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      25/04/2002 12:12         cc:

                      Please respond to        Subject:  Re:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to
                      "Tomcat Users             compile (class jsp.MoniBean not found)

                      List"

Thisis similar to a recent post for 4.0.
Here is what appears to be going on.
url requested --> /volapp/jsp/registerProcess.jsp
context root --> /volapp
creates a class file who's package is jsp. (If you keep the generated java,
this will be pretty obvious).
Since your bean is not in a package, you need to explicitly import that
java
bean.  When referencing without the import, it assumes it is in the same
package as your jsp ("jsp").

>From: chuck amadi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
taglibs-user-help
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,   "steve.lloyd"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile (class
>jsp.MoniBean not found)
>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:08:24 +0100
>

>  Error: 500
>

>    Location: /volapp/jsp/registerProcess.jsp
>
>*Internal Servlet Error:*
>
>org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
>/home/chucka/tomcat/work/DEFAULT/volapp/jsp/registerProcess_1.java:76:
>Class jsp.MoniBean not found.
>                    MoniBean formHandler = null;
>                    ^
>/home/chucka/tomcat/work/DEFAULT/volapp/jsp/registerProcess_1.java:79:
>Class jsp.MoniBean not found.
>                        formHandler= (MoniBean)
>                                      ^
>/home/chucka/tomcat/work/DEFAULT/volapp/jsp/registerProcess_1.java:84:
>Class jsp.MoniBean not found.
>                              formHandler = (MoniBean)
>java.beans.Beans.instantiate(this.getClass().getClassLoader(),
"MoniBean");
>                                             ^
>3 errors
>
>     at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.javac(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JasperLiaison.processJspFile(Unknown
Source)
>     at org.apache.tomcat.facade.JspInterceptor.requestMap(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.processRequest(Unknown
Source)
>     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown
Source)
>     at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
>     at
>org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown

>Source)
>     at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
>     at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
>Source)
>
>Hi as you see from my Error stack class jsp.MoniBean not found.
>Firstly in my MoniBean.class/java there is no package reference to package
>jsp; in my bean.
>
>Secondly i have restarted tomcat3.3a on each occasion and checked the
>startup.sh script
>seems fine.
>
>thirdly my MoniBean is in my Web-Inf/classes dir as it should be.
>and again there isn't a sub-directory named Web-inf/classes/jsp/MoniBean.
>
>Fourthly my jsp pages and solo htm page are in jsp folder in my webapps
>like such
>Tomcat3.3.a/volapss/jsp/.
>
>Any suggestions as it's getting beyond a joke.
>I'm starting to talk to myself and verbally ( nearly ) abuse my
>workstation.
>
>Cheers Chuck Amadi
>
>Systems Programmer
>Rhaglennydd Systemau
>

>--
>For additional commands: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Troubles with the list: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Todd Kaplinger
mailTo:[EMAIL PROTECTED]