My adminstrator recently install jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1 for AIX and I am
trying to create my own jsp.  When I run the example jsp's and servlets in
%:8080/examples/jsp/index.html they work fine.

When I run the HelloWorld exapmle jsp and servlet in
%8080/tomcat-docs/appdev/sample/web/index.html I get and error that says:

****

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
  at org.apache.jsp.hello$jsp._jspService(hello$jsp.java:58)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:202)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:382)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:474)

....and more of the same

****

I read over the documentation and I am pretty sure everything is where it is
supposed to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated