Hello Gianluca,

Or use:

Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass(dbDriver);

Instead of:

Class.forName(dbDriver);

The latter won't find the driver if it isn't immediately within the
same classloader as the class calling Class.forName where the first
one will find it in parent classloaders, so you can have the driver in
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib or $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib...or WEB-INF/lib if you
still want to do that.

Jake

--
Best regards,
 Jacob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]