I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1 on a RedHat Linux 7.2
It uses a database Realm to look up user names and roles.
The backend of it is a Mysql database 3.23.41

My problem is this:

When I am at work and testing my JSP pages, I login (all defined roles are
in web.xml) into my page.  It works fine every time.
However, when I leave work, and try logging in the next day, I get a
user/password error (I was forward to my error.jsp page).
I am ABSOLUTLY sure my password is typed in correctly.  This has happened
more than once the first login every morning.

This even happens if I don't login for serveral hours.

Does anyone seem to have this problem?

Some other related things I should mention.
I have filters running, 3 in total.  Basically one just log which pages are
accessed every time someone logs in with a valid user id.  another one logs
a certain page, and if query strings are passed to it or not.  Finally one
restricts any users with the user id "guest" from accessing deeper
directories in my webapp.

Hope someone can help.

Terrence