I'm no expert, but in the request from the e-commerce server you could set
an additional parameter with the IP of this that machine, something like
http://server2.com/mypaymentservlet?requestingServer=129.241.345

Then you could retrieve this attribute in the servlet on the payment
gateway with
String ip = request.getAtttribute("requestingServer");

That is if you can modify things on the e-commerce server..

Maybee there is a better way, but I don't see it straight away..

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]