From: Garzon Maldonado, Jesus Javier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 3:49 PM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Terminating sessions problem. (bug?)

Hello all:

    When a user enter in my site sessions are used to store user data. I
get the session using (request.getSession(true);). When users leave the
site the session is invalidated (request.getSession().invalidate();).
But, if users enter again from the same browser instance each call to
(request.getSession(true);) creates a new session so it's impossible to
get data associated with the session from differents servlets. If users
enter from another browser instance, sessions works fine.

I'm using Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat 4.0.3 on windows NT, but this also
happened with Tomcat 3.2.1 and on unix platforms running Tomcat 3.2.1
standalone.

This is a bug?, Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much. Regards

 Jesús Javier Garzón Maldonado
 Radar, Mando y Control

 Carretera Loeches, Nº 9