Hello joshua,

Well, take a look at the form action:

action="/servlet/CatalogServlet"

This isn't even a servlet to servlet call.  This is a browser to
servlet call.  On top of that, you are telling the form to be
sumbmitted to http://our.server.com:8080/servlet/CatalogServlet

This tells Tomcat to look in the ROOT context and find a servlet
called "CatalogServlet".  However, you want to look in the "spike"
context.

Just change your action to the following:

Assuming you are at a web address that looks like:

http://our.server.com/spike/servlet/SomeServlet

action="CatalogServlet"

will be translated by the browser as a request to:

http://our.server.com/spike/servlet/CatalogServlet

or

if you don't want to count on being in the /spike/servlet path already
like above, then provide a hard path off the root of the web server:

action="/spike/servlet/CatalogServlet"

Which translates to the following no matter what your current URL is:

http://our.server.com/spike/servlet/CatalogServlet

If you are wondering how to dynamically write this link in your
servlet, just do:

req.getServletContext() + "/servlet/CatalogServlet"

That will translate to:

"/spike/servlet/CatalogServet" which is what you want.

Note, it also works if you are using the ROOT context since
req.getServletContext() will return "/" in that case.

Does that help?

Jake