--- Jose Ferrer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, CATALINA_HOME is set to /var/tomcat4
>
> Here is my simple jsp

> <%@ page language="java" %>
> <%@ page import = "java.util.*"  %>
> <%@ page import = "java.io.*"  %>
> <%    Properties prop = System.getProperties();   %>
> Java class path:
> <%=prop.getProperty("java.class.path")%>
>
> <%
> Properties props = new Properties();
> FileInputStream fin = new
> FileInputStream("DBConnMgr.properties");
> props.load(fin);
> %>
> <P>
> <%=props.getProperty("admin.log")%>

> The java.class.path returned is
> Java class path:

/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0/lib/tools.jar:/var/tomcat/common/lib/:/var/tomcat4/

> bin/bootstrap.jar
> Notice the missing 4 in the common/lib classpath.
> It is interesting that the bootstrap.jar is listed
> as being in /var/tomcat4
> but common/lib is listed as being in /var/tomcat.
> I'm still trying to
> figure out where the classpath is set. I know how to
> do this when tomcat is
> started from a shell but not as a daemon.
>
> If I place the DBConnMgr.properties file in my root
> directory it works.
> When I place it in /var/tomcat4/common/lib (or any
> other supposedly valid
> classpath) it does not.
>
>       Jose Ferrer
>

> On Tuesday, May 07, 2002 12:10 PM, Larry Meadors
> [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > Do you have a CATALINA_HOME environment variable
> set? That might cause
> > this...

> > I am having problems reading a resource file I
> placed in
> > /var/tomcat4/common/lib. I also tried placing it
> in
> > /var/tomcat4/common/classes.
> >
> > I wrote a small JSP which lists the classpath and
> I notice it prints
> > out as
> > /var/tomcat/common/lib  (missing the 4). Does
> anyone know where this is
> >
> > set?

<<SNIP>>
Hello, Jose!

You know I'm a debian user, but I suppose something
similiar happens on RedHat. My environment is built by
the script /etc/init.d/tomcat4 . Some of the elements
defined in there can be overridden by settings in
/etc/default/tomcat4 . Do you have those files for
starting tomcat4 as a daemon? If you like, I can email
those scripts/files to you personally.

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"