Is there a reason why I can't use the root of my website as the JSP
root? I'd like to use default.jsp as my "welcome" file, but it comes up
in the browser as the code itself, not the JSP page.

I guess I'm going out to buy a JSP book today, but this is something I
think belongs more to Tomcat than to JSP. I know in the server.xml it's
set up to use an appBase of webapps. But the files have to be in the
ROOT directory under THAT directory. I guess I'm not sure why... I would
think webapps would be the place for the default.jsp file.

Anyone wanna explain to a newbie?

David A. Bartmess
IT Samaritans
Helping Non-Profits Achieve Technical Excellence
Software Configuration Manager / Sr. Software Developer
eDingo.net