Most likely, you have XML or DOM libraries in your webapp.  They are not
allowed there according to the Sun classloading spec and, beginning with
Tomcat 4.0.2, this is enforced by Tomcat.  They must be in the parent
classloader in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib or $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib or as part of
the JDK (in 1.4) or in the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed directory (also 1.4).

Jake