Hello all,

Problem getting apache httpd-server login name from a Servlet:

I'm having a "cocoon-in-Tomcat-in-Apache" Installation where
- my Apache httpServer is equipped with a user authentication by
    htpasswd -c $APACHE_HOME/passwd/password username
   (seems to work properly - my apache access_log shows usernames)
and
- the httpd-Tomcat connection is via mod_jk
   (seems to work properly)
- I'm doing a regular HTTP/1.1 Request

Now I try to resolve the (httpd-)username inside my Servlet by calling

((HttpRequest)request).getRemoteUser();

That returns NULL !
(actually my cocoon core.log says explicitely so: REMOTE USER: null)
- Why ?
In other words:
Am I right, assuming that my Apache httpd-server cuts off the username
from the Request before passing it to Tomcat and
how can I teach it (or mod_jk) to refrain from doing so ?

Thanks for reading this, greetings - Fritz