From: Nance, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 May 2002 23:50
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Tomcat and Java Locale

Drew thanks for the reply.
I tried changing the file encoding to UTF-8 and I still don't get the Euro

Basically I am creating a form like this
Message: <input type="text" name="msg" size="80" value="special chars é  â ä
à ë è ï - euro symbol (EUR) - British pound £" maxlength="2000">

Then when the form is submitted I print it back out to the JSP itself first
with HTML and a system..out.println.
In the HTML all characters print correctln.. in the system.out  The Euro
does not print.

We are running on a Solaris box with Weblogic and Tomat and my Browser is on
a Windows NT machine  (In US, Ca) .  Actualy when I changed to UTF-8 the
characters came out as Chineese characters..  Without the file encoding the
system.outs would come up as all ?'s with it as UTF-8 they are all wrong.

I got this from View Page Info
Form 1:
               Action URL: http://columbus/AmailTest.jsp
               Encoding: application/x-www-form-urlencoded (default)
               Method: Get
          Form 2:
               Action URL: http://columbus/AmailTest.jsp
               Encoding: application/x-www-form-urlencoded (default)
               Method: Get
File MIME Type:
                 text/html
         Source:
                 Currently in disk cache
  Local cache file:
                 M0DB68LH.JSP
   Last Modified:
                 Unknown
   Last Modified:
                 Unknown
  Content Length:
                 17288
         Expires:
                 No date given
         Charset:
                 UTF-8
        Security:
                 This is an insecure document that is not encrypted and
offers no security protection

Thanks again for Replying.. I am really stuck