With simple JSP, a few hundreds per second on RH7.0, single PII400, tomcat
3.x, Apache 1.3.9, 128M RAM. Please test and advise your finding on 1GHz CPU

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Crase [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 1:50 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Can anyone give me an idea of the maximum hit rate for Tomcat on a
PC

I'm trying to get a feel for the maximum number of pages I can expect Tomcat
to serve per second on a "reasonable" PC - say 1G RAM and a 1 processor
speed around 1GHz.

I know the correct answer is "it depends", but I'd appreciate any feedback
on whether I should be looking at tens of hits, hundreds or whatever for a
best case - very simple pages without any database access, as it will be a
few days before I get to make any measurements.

Regards,

Simon

Simon A. Crase

Invetech Pty Ltd
Private Bag 44
495 Blackburn Road
Mount Waverley  Vic  3149

Phone:  61 3 9211 7933
Mobile: 0408 579 006
Fax:    61 3 9211 7702 (facsimile)
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. Any
retransmissions, dissemination or other use of these materials by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. [Any
representations or opinions expressed in this e.mail are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of Vision Systems Limited].