Hi,
The Tomcat 4.0 documentation describes a parameter to turn off caching using the
Resources component.  The documentation appears at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/resources.html

However, we haven't been able to find an XML clause to add to server.xml that succeeds
in turning off caching.  For example, shouldn't this work?

<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0">
  <Resources cached="false"/>
</Context>

Also, is there an easy way to dump the state of a Tomcat server so we can see if
caching is currently on or off?

Thanks for any help,

Eric Bier
PARC Incorporated