I'm pretty new to Tomcat so please be patient with me if this is an
obvious question.  I'm trying to port our dev environment over to Tomact
from Resin and have come across a slight roadblock.  We have different
environments for local development, dev server, qa server, and
production.  Each environment requires different db connection pools, as
well as a few other minor tweaks in the server.xml from environment to
environment.  With resin, i can pass in a -conf parameter when i start
it up to give it the name of the appropriate config to use for that
environment (-conf resin-local.conf, -conf resin-qa.conf, etc).  Is
there a similar functionality with Tomcat 4.0.3 and it's server.xml
config file?  I really can't find much documenation on this.

Also, for note, i'm running tomcat as a service with the tomcat.exe
-install paramater which works great, not sure if that makes a
difference to what can be passed via the command line but my bat file to
set this up is as follows:

tomcat.exe -install "%SERVICENAME%" "%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"
-Djava.class.path=%JAVACLASSPATH% -Dcatalina.home="%TOMCAT_HOME%" -Xrs
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out
"%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stdout.log" -err "%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stderr.log"

Thanks,

Andy Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]