I desperately need the SSL environment variables like HTTPS or HTTPS_KEYSIZE,
which should be delivered from mod_ssl to the JSP engine, after Apache has
established a HTTPS connection. Especially I have to check the actual key
size.

In tomcat-ssl-howto.html it is described how to adjust httpd.conf. Although I
follow the guidelines, nothing happens. Is there something to be taken care
of on the Tomcat side?

If I copy the JkExtractSSL etc. commands into the VirtualHost section, there
is no Tomcat connection at all (no interceptor initiated, JSP source is
delivered unprocessed).

Any ideas?

We use Tomcat 3.3, Apache 1.3.22, mod_ssl 2.8.5 on Solaris 5.7, JDK 1.2.2.

Gerd Kersten

...................Extract of the httpd.conf ..........................

<IfDefine SSL>

##
## SSL Environment variables [added by gke]
##

# Should mod_jk send SSL information to Tomcat (default is On)
JkExtractSSL On
# What is the indicator for SSL (default is HTTPS)
JkHTTPSIndicator HTTPS
# What is the indicator for SSL session (default is SSL_SESSION_ID)
JkSESSIONIndicator SSL_SESSION_ID
# What is the indicator for client SSL cipher suit (default is SSL_CIPHER)
JkCIPHERIndicator SSL_CIPHER
# What is the indicator for the client SSL certificated (default is
SSL_CLIENT_CERT)
JkCERTSIndicator SSL_CLIENT_CERT

##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www"
ServerName ipent01.mydomain.de
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#ErrorLog /usr/local/httpd/logs/error_log
#TransferLog /usr/local/httpd/logs/access_log
#   SSL Engine Switch:
#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
SSLEngine on

[...]

# "jsp" added [gke, 16.05.02]
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?|jsp)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +ExportCertData
#    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin">