[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[..summarized..]
>> Trouble with JNDI, Tyrex, 4.0.3 RPM version, DataSource JNDI lookup
returning
>> "Cannot create resource instance"

> From: Ben Walding [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> I had this problem the other day and I looked into it quite closely.
> It appears that TyrexDataSourceFactory (and other things) are
> no longer placed in the naming-factory.jar.

> It used to be in there, but I can't work out where they've
> moved it.  I rolled back to an earlier version of the jar (4.0.2 I
> believe) and all my stuff started working.

As a last ditch effort, I downloaded the tarball version to tomcat 4.0.3 and
got it all working.  The tarball version also includes lots of things the
RPM version doesn't, like the java mail classes, and so on.

I wonder if this isn't partly a problem with the RPM packaging?  Now that I
know it at least works, I can back track and see what needs to be added to
the RPM version to get it working as well.

I also downloaded the latest postgres JDBC drivers from a 7.2 RPM, but I'm
not sure that made any difference.  Actually, I just tested and it doesn't
make any difference which drivers I use (beyond stock on RH7.2).

It's all VERY puzzling.  It also seems to make a difference if you put the
jdbc drivers in /common/lib rather than /lib, which baffles me. ;)

Keith