From: Joakim Ryden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 5:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Linux - high cpu usage/seg faults

Hey guys -

I just installed tomcat 4.0.3 on two identical (software wise) spanking new
servers. One is working a treat and the other is completely hosed. :(

I'm using the IBMJava2-131 jdk on both machines - the one machine having
problems is an SMP machine. They are both running RedHat 7.2 - the only file
touched after the rpm installation is /etc/tomcat4/tomcat4.conf to set up
the correct paths. Starting up tomcat gives no errors in any logs but CPU
usage immediately runs high - stays in the mid-upper 20's. Attaching strace
to any of the running java processes shows a constant stream of:

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---

So I go to stop tomcat. Shut down script says OK but the processes don't go
away although the catalina logs say otherwise. I'm not sure what else to
look for? Can anyone point me in some sort of direction?

Many thanks!

--Jo