For what it's worth, I've come across this problem far too many times when
installing things under Windows.
I have now adopted the practice of installing native Windows applications
(Photoshop, Office etc) in c:\program files and server applications like
Apache, Tomcat as well as command line programs like Perl, Java, Ant etc in
c:\servers or c:\apps, and then c:\servers\apache, c:\servers\tomcat etc
rather than "c:\servers\apache group\apache" or whatever the default is.

These steps have meant I have been able to weed out most of the problems of
developing under Windows, apart from some CVS issues for which I need to use
Cygwin - though these are easily compensated for given how gorgeous Ant
makes things - like updating modules automatically before building. Ant is
the way forward!

HTH, apologies for rambling - trying to avoid revising for finals. ;)

Joel Baker.

""Whitcomb, Roger"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
| It's because of the spaces in the path under Win98.  Use the 8.3 version
of the "Apache Group" and "Apache Tomcat 4.0" folders and try again.

| Roger Whitcomb
| Computer Associates
| Senior Software Engineer
| Development
| Phone: +1 408 965 8653
| FAX: +1 408 965 8805
| [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>