Two comments below.

fillup

>> Are you closing your Oracle connections? Are there too many open connections?
> I am using an Oracle implementation of connection pool. Every user that log on
> system get an connection from that pool. The connection will not br released
> until this user close the browser window, or
> the tomcat session gets timeout (30 minutes).
> Tomcat is hanging with 130 (more or less) connections out of the pool (about
> 110 users).

This is the wrong way to use a connection pool, unless you have a very
narrow set of specific theoretical requirements, which I still have never
seen in practice.  Each REQUEST should be grabbing a connection and
returning it to the pool, not each SESSION.  Using it for sessions in fact
makes your pool worse and slower than just opening a new connection for each
request with zero pooling.  You're using the pool in the wrong way.

>> I have had this problem before where my db connected application had not
>> committed it's transaction and ended up hanging tomcat. Always check to see
>> that your resources are being released and
> not halting other requests.
> Our methods that use/need transaction (doing updates or deletes) always do
> commit or rollback, BUT, for connections that only do "select" querys, commit
> or rollback are never called. MAY THIS BE
> A PROBLEM???? Remember that an connection is associated with the user
> (browser) session...

see Connection.setAutoCommit( )