Oh and.... I think TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY means the result set is limited in such
a way that each row in the result set may only be visited once and the
result set has to be traversed from front to end. The usual way of doing
this in java is:

rs = stmt.executeQuery(sQuery);
while (rs.next()) {
        System.out.println(rs.getString("someColumn"));
}

Why? Because when you initially get rs, it is pointing at a position before
the first row. Calling rs.next() moves the row position forward by one, and
returns true if it is now pointing at a valid row. You need to call
rs.next() before you can get anything from rs. There is no way to move the
row position back, so if you need to do fancy stuff you will have to iterate
through the rows and copy them into some structure of your own first (Vector
maybe...) and use that.

ChrisC