This message is related to "STATUS 500 - Unable to compile class for
JSPNote" a little bit.

I get the error...

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: No such tag listmessages in the tag
library imported with prefix javamail

Now, here's the details I believe you need.

Jtl.jar is in the WEB-INF/lib directory

I do this in my JSP

<%@ taglib uri="lib/jtl.jar" prefix="javamail" %>

Then, of course I try and use the "listmessages" tag later in the JSP
page.

Below is a chopped down version of taglib.tld.
------------------BEGIN taglib.tld------------------
<!DOCTYPE taglib
        PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library 1.2//EN"
        "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd";>
<taglib>
  <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
  <jspversion>1.2</jspversion>
  <shortname>javamail</shortname>
  <uri>lib/jtl.jar</uri>
  <tag>
    <name>listmessages</name>
    <tagclass>ListMessagesTag</tagclass>
    <teiclass>ListMessagesTEI</teiclass>
    <bodycontent>JSP</bodycontent>
    <info>
        A listmessages tag
    </info>
    <attribute>
      <name>id</name>
      <required>true</required>
      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
    <attribute>
      <name>folder</name>
      <required>false</required>
      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
    <attribute>
      <name>session</name>
      <required>false</required>
      <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
  </tag>
</taglib>
-------------------END taglib.tld-------------------
Any thing wrong with it?  Looks good to me according to the JSP 1.2
specs.

Now, the jtl.jar file in WEB-INF/lib/jtl.jar does have all the classes
in it along with the taglib.tld

I also tried adding...
  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>/javamail</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>lib/jtl.jar</taglib-location>
  </taglib>
but from what I understand, it's not required because I've got
everything where it's supposed to be in the jtl.jar

Is there something wrong with this stuff???