hi,

with your suggestion : <load-on-startup></load-on-startup> without number i
get the error :

PARSE error at line 154 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element "servlet-mapping" allows no further
input; "load-on-startup" is not allowed.

when i try to run tomcat with a <load-on-startup> tag with a number, i
don't get any error message because tomcat simply crash....

here is the concerned part of my web.xml file :

<servlet>
<servlet-name>OdataJDOinitializer</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>lds.odata.web.servlets.OdataJDOinitializer</servlet-class>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

regards,

Patrick PIERRA
Linedata Services Luxembourg
00 352 29 56 65 282
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Shapira,

                    Yoav"                To:     "Tomcat Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <Yoav.Shapira        cc:

                    @mpi.com>            Subject:     RE: old <load-on-startup> tag

                    05/31/02

                    03:00 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

Hi,
Hmm... That should work.  Can you send the actual error message from
tomcat parsing web.xml?

Meanwhile, try just <load-on-startup></load-on-startup> without a
number.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>