"Thébault, Médérick" a écrit :

> Thanx for the answers, It helps the debate but...
>
> I already deployed my servlet as mentionned in the documentation
> (servlet path is webapps/myservlet to act as in webapps/examples).
> Web.xml is quite simple as nothing is set in it. See below :
>
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>     PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>     "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
> <web-app>
> </web-app>
>
> But I still need to enter localhost/mypath/servlet/myservlet to access
> it.
>
> So Jean-Luc, I think I do not need to try your advice or am I completly
> wrong and missing something essential?
>
> And Markus, what do you mean by ROOT context? Setting ROOT in
> conf/server.xml as /mypath/servlet will solve the case?
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Cheers.
>
> Med

Well...

As your web.xml is empty, no new directives can bypass the default one...

Try to add smth like:

../..

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>MyServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/MyServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

../..

This could do the trick. I think that all of this would be described in the
servlet API 2.3.

Hope this help.

Jean-Luc :O)