Last I had heard there was not a DTD for server.xml.  My guess is that this
is because new versions of Tomcat have new features that would need to be
reflected by a new version of the DTD - which would quickly lead to DTD
sprawl.  And probably no one wants to do it. . .

And the server.xml file is not part of the servlet spec since it is at the
heart of *how* a vendor implements the spec rather then what spec they
implement.

Cheers,

Eric Everman