I solved my own problem. I was originally trying to use the rpm on linux.  When I
switched to the "normal" binary distribution I had it working with no trouble.

Ralph
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ralph Goers
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 10:34 AM
  Subject: Tomcat in chroot jail

  I've seen references in this list, the development list and various places on the
internet to people running Tomcat in a chroot jail.  However, I haven't seen any
documentation anywhere on what is required to make this work.  Can someone who is
doing this please drop me a note identifying what is required?  I believe I have all
the parts, yet when I try to start Tomcat it fails during bootstrap, apparently trying
to open the jars in common/lib.

  Thanks,

  Ralph