I tried to do the same thing except the problem is that Java seems to use
some sort of TCP/IP buffer so it's impossible to get accurate readings with
that small amount of data. An ISAPI filter was my only solution. Even though
afterwards in passing I did see something about disabling any buffering. So
I don't know, see if you can find anything on that.

Regards!