From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].
org]On Behalf Of Paul Kofon
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 12:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Storing Java Objects in SQL

Hi all,
I'm trying to store objects (instances) of a class in Microsoft SQL Server
2K using the Microsoft-provided JDBC driver, but I've been without any luck
thus far.
I've used the setObject() method in the PreparedStatement class and set my
target sql type to "BINARY", yet it doesn't work, I keep getting an
SQLException. A look at the driver documentation shows that this method is
supported while set/getBlob() aren't.
Is what I'm trying to achieve impossible or am I doing something wrong?
I could serialize the objects to disk but I'll have files lying all over the
place - storing them in the database per user would be much neater.
I need help fast! I'm Thanks.

Regards,

Paul